Oklahoma Living magazine
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications
Oklahoma Living’s (OKL) Marketing Specialist will be responsible for generating new online sponsorships/digital advertising for OKL’s website, app, digital edition, social media outlets and OKL e-blast newsletters containing advertising. Additionally, the Marketing Specialist will be responsible for display advertising sales in OKL’s monthly print edition, which has a circulation of more than 321,000. This position is expected to maintain an existing base of advertisers as well as generate new display ad sales in the magazine.
The OKL Marketing Specialist will coordinate, schedule and arrange for online video recognition of OKL advertisers, and assist the Multimedia Specialist with their production. OKL’s Marketing Specialist will represent OKL at community events, trade shows and educational events. In addition, the OKL Marketing Specialist will coordinate and recruit online sponsorships as well as display advertising for OKL’s publisher, the Oklahoma Association of Electric Cooperatives (OAEC). This shall include mobile and desktop versions for OAEC’s website (www.oaec.coop) and print advertising for the OAEC directory, which is published annually, and its online version. The OKL Marketing Specialist position reports directly to OAEC’s Director of Public Relations, Communications and Research.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work closely with OKL staff to develop an ‘Online Advertising/Sponsorship Plan’ to be implemented within first six to eight months of employment;
• Recruit and assist in the design and editing of both new and existing magazine advertisements and online sponsorships for OKL/OAEC digital platforms;
• Work closely with OKL’s contract graphic artist/ad designer;
• Work closely with Editorial Staff to coordinate short video segments promoting selected loyal advertisers from the magazine;
• Maintain OKL’s existing base of print advertisers;
• Recruit and solicit potential display advertisers located throughout the state of Oklahoma and across the nation into the monthly magazine;
• Provide oversight for a comprehensive electronic Advertiser Database;
• Work closely with OAEC’s accounting department to ensure advertiser payments as well as monthly ad sales lists and placements for billing purposes;
• Work closely with OKL’s Editorial Staff to proof ads being placed in all formats including magazine, digital edition, app, website, e-blast newsletters and social media outlets;
• Coordinate the design and creation of an annual OKL Media Kit;
• Represent OKL and recruit new advertisers at trade shows or other educational display opportunities where the magazine will be exhibited and promoted;
• Coordinate with Editorial Staff to identify advertising opportunities with various story-related interests included in the magazine’s current Editorial Calendar;
• Coordinate and recruit online sponsorships and display advertisements for OAEC’s website (www.oaec.coop), mobile and desktop versions and its print directory and online version;
• The OAEC Director of Public Relations, Communications and Research may assign other duties and responsibilities.
A college degree and/or broad knowledge in the field of strategic communications and marketing with proven leadership capabilities is required. A college degree in a related field will be considered. Candidates who do not hold a college degree but have an equivalent combination of experience in marketing, sales and digital/print advertising fields may be considered for the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Team executing, coaching, ability to train and develop others, problem solving, delegation and ability to work with diverse clientele;
• Sales initiative, building and maintaining advertiser relationships;
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
• Excellent organization and time-management skills, including ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe products;
• High degree of energy, creativity, initiative and flexibility;
• Physical demands include traveling throughout the state of Oklahoma as well as occasional traveling to attend training/educational conferences at locations in Oklahoma and throughout the United States. Must be physically able to use a computer and set up OKL displays at events.
OAEC/OKL offers a competitive salary and benefits package. This position is not commission-based; however, the job does offer bonuses for reaching targeted strategic goals.
Submit a resume, cover letter, portfolio and a letter of reference by Monday, April 4, 2016 via mail or e-mail to the attention of: Sid Sperry, Director of Public Relations, Communications and Research, Oklahoma Association of Electric Cooperatives, P.O. Box 54309, Oklahoma City, OK 73154-1309. E-mail: email@example.com
Posted on Tue, March 15, 2016
by Jennifer Gilliland