Marshall News Messenger
The Marshall News Messenger is seeking an energetic reporter to cover regional news. The growing daily newspaper is expanding their coverage area and seeking enterprising reporters who live to beat the competition online and in print. Candidates will have a proven ability to:
• Build a beat and break news.
• Generate story ideas independently and collaborate with online and print staff on daily news and enterprise.
• Produce fast-turnaround stories on major news that can help drive online traffic.
• Produce enterprise off the news to advance the story.
• Produce content in multiple formats and embrace social media.
• Write with an authoritative voice, and have the ability to quickly synthesize material from multiple sources.
Two years of newspaper experience is preferred, but will consider recent graduate with good clips from internship or college newspaper work.
The News Messenger is part of Texas Community Newspapers, a family owned group in the oil-rich piney woods of East Texas, an area known for its outdoor recreational opportunities, proximity to Dallas metro area, and temperate climate.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, clips or links to published work demonstrating your ability to fulfill the job requirements, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Mon, June 30, 2014